1) Real Salt Lake, Western Conference (5-1-0) 15 points
Real Salt Lake stays on track with a win against Chivas USA. Will they be able to maintain this pace following the injury to Javier Morales?
2) Portland Timbers, Western Conference (4-3-1) 13 points UP
4 wins in their last 5 matches, the only team as hot as Portland is Real Salt Lake. Amazing that an expansion team is having this much success. Portland makes the biggest leap in this week's rankings, a deserving #2.
3) New York Red Bulls, Eastern Conference (4-1-3) 15 points
A well played draw in Los Angeles against the Galaxy keeps New York at #3.
4) LA Galaxy, Western Conference (4-2-4) 16 points UP
The draw with the New York Red Bulls showed that the Galaxy is a top 5 team. If only Landon Donovan could have hit the ball a fraction harder on that open net...
5) FC Dallas, Western Conference (3-3-2) 11 points UP
An away draw this week, and Dallas continues to rise up the rankings.
6) Columbus Crew, Eastern Conference (3-1-4) 13 points DOWN
This week's 1-1 draw with Seattle was the Crew's 7th straight match without a loss.
7) Seattle Sounders FC, Western Conference (3-3-4) 13 points DOWN
A loss and a draw on the road this week drops Seattle out of the top 5.
8) Chivas USA, Western Conference (2-3-3) 9 points UP
9) Philadelphia Union, Eastern Conference (4-2-1) 13 points DOWN
Hot early in the year, this week they ran into a buzzsaw, or should I say chainsaw, in Portland.
10) D.C. United, Eastern Conference (3-4-2) 11 points UP
A win and a draw makes for a very good week!
11) Houston Dynamo, Eastern Conference (3-3-3) 12 points DOWN
The Rapids could be on the verge of breaking out of the bottom half of the rankings.
A home loss against the Rapids, and an away loss versus a weak Toronto FC earns the Dynamo the biggest drop in this week's rankings.
12) Colorado Rapids, Western Conference (4-3-2) 14 points DOWN
13) Toronto FC, Eastern Conference (2-3-4) 10 points UP
14) New England Revolution, Eastern Conference (2-3-4) 10 points DOWN
The Chicago Fire and Vancouver Whitecaps played to a 0-0 draw this week, and with San Jose and Sporting KC being idle, the bottom 4 in the rankings stay the same as last week.
15) Chicago Fire, Eastern Conference (1-3-4) 7 points
16) Vancouver Whitecaps, Western Conference (1-4-4) 7 points
17) San Jose Earthquakes, Western Conference (1-4-2) 5 points
18) Sporting Kansas City, Eastern Conference (1-4-1) 4 points