Monday, August 22, 2011

The LA Galaxy Will Not Relent! Predictions From This Weekend and My Major League Soccer Power Rankings, Week 23, 8/22/11

Another week, another week on top of the Rankings...or so says the LA Galaxy.

But first, a look at my Major League Soccer match predictions from this past weekend.

I picked the nine matches that were played this past Saturday and Sunday based on my rankings system, and taking into account the home field advantage so prevalent in Major League Soccer.

My results?

I correctly picked the result in four of the nine matches played. (The New England/New York draw, and the wins by Columbus, Portland and Los Angeles.) My prediction rate is a whopping 44%. I'm going to stick with the system next week.

The LA Galaxy Are On Top Again!
Some notes regarding this week's Rankings:

- Biggest jumps up? Chicago climbed 6 spots, Sporting KC climbed 5.

- Biggest decline? FC Dallas dropped 5 spots.

- Best current form? The LA Galaxy, Columbus and Colorado.

- Poorest current form? San Jose.

My week 23 Major League Soccer Rankings:

1) LA Galaxy (West)
2) Columbus Crew (East)
3) Seattle Sounders FC (West)
4) Colorado Rapids (West)
5) Houston Dynamo (East)
6) Sporting Kansas City (East)
7) D.C. United (East)
8) Chivas USA (West)
9) FC Dallas (West)
10) Portland Timbers (West)
11) Real Salt Lake (West)
12) Chicago Fire (East)
13) Philadelphia Union (East)
14) New York Red Bulls (East)
15) Toronto FC (East)
16) New England Revolution (East)
17) Vancouver Whitecaps (West)
18) San Jose Earthquakes (West)

No comments: