Wednesday, April 15, 2009

C'mon Starbucks.....

Dropped son #2 off at soccer training tonight and decided to drop by Starbucks for a cup of coffee. The Starbucks is 20 yards from a Caribou Coffee, but decided to use my Gold Card. (10% off etc.)

Pull up to the drive thru (Note it is 7:30pm):

Starbucks: "Welcome to Starbucks, would you like to try one of our coffee/roll combos?"
Me: "No thanks."
Starbucks: "How can I help you?"
Me: "I'd like a tall decaf coffee." (7:30pm)
Starbucks: "We no longer sell decaf coffee in the evenings."
Me (In my head): "WTF!"
Me: "Really!?!?"
Starbucks: "It was a corporate decision."
Me: "Hmmmm"
Starbucks: "I'd be happy to make you a decaf Americano."
Me (In my head): "I don't like Americano style."
Me: "I'd really like a decaf coffee."
Starbucks: "We'd be happy to fresh brew you a pot, it will take about 4 minutes."
Me: "That would be great."

Editorial Comment: A+ for service at the local store and they gave me the coffee for free.

Message for Starbucks Corporate: No decaf coffee in the evenings?!? Isn't that when people want the stuff? C'mon...

Oh, by the way, please train your team members to put the top on the cup so that the hole is not on the seam...it leaks!

Signing off...Jiresell





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too right, I don't understand it. If they are willing to brew a fresh pot why not just say "yes sir, we'll have that out shortly, it's brewing fresh for you."
End of complaints, an end to my need to post those complaints, though I have to admit to enjoying the replies.