Monday, April 13, 2009

Random Musings

We returned from Colorado this Saturday night and had a chance to catch up on some TV sports before I had to leave for a business trip Sunday evening. Two particular events really caught my attention, and both events had ended with results that were both unexpected and ultimately very disappointing:



-As it became clear that Tiger Woods wasn't going to make the run to catch up to the leaders on Sunday at the Master's (certainly not for lack of effort on his part), I found myself rooting for Kenny Perry. I was in Milwaukee in 1986 (where were you?) when Jack Nicklaus won his last Master's at the age of 46. Kenny Perry's run at the age of 48 was amazing, and with a two shot lead with two holes to go, I thought I would see him break Nicklaus' record for the oldest Master's champion. But a case of the "pull hooks" with his irons left the door open for Chad Campbell and Angel Cabrera, and ultimately another pull hook on the final playoff hole gave the Championship to Cabrera.



-Kenny Perry was the second disappointment for me this weekend. I'm not a hockey fan, but living only 30 minutes from Miami of Ohio I had to watch the finals of the NCAA Frozen Four hockey championships. Miami of Ohio has never won a championship in any sport, and were up 3-1 against Boston University with 3 minutes to go. With the championship practically clinched, Miami of Ohio gave up two goals in the final minute of the match, and ultimately lost in overtime 4-3. Crap....

Signing off.......Jiresell

No comments: