|The LA Galaxy Maintain the Top Spot for the 3rd Week in a ROW!|
I write this as I'm watching the US Men's National Team play their CONCACAF Gold Cup opener versus Canada. (2-0 USMNT in the 74th minute).
The top three in my rankings (LA Galaxy, FC Dallas and Philadelphia Union) stay the same as last week, while the Galaxy maintain the top spot for the third week in a row. The CONCACAF Gold Cup started to have an impact this week on many Major League Soccer teams. It will be interesting to see what the impact will be over duration of the tournament.
Biggest jumps up this week? San Jose and Real Salt Lake each moved up three spots.
Biggest drop? The Portland Timbers dropped four spots.
My Week 12 Major League Soccer Power Rankings (wins-losses-draws) UP or DOWN from last week:
1) LA Galaxy, Western Conference (8-2-6) 30 points
2) FC Dallas, Western Conference (7-3-4) 25 points
3) Philadelphia Union, Eastern Conference (6-3-3) 21 points
4) San Jose Earthquakes, Western Conference (4-4-4) 16 points UP
5) Seattle Sounders FC, Western Conference (5-4-6) 21 points DOWN
6) D.C. United, Eastern Conference (4-4-4) 16 points
7) Real Salt Lake, Western Conference (6-2-2) 20 points UP
8) Chivas USA, Western Conference (4-4-5) 17 points UP
9) Portland Timbers, Western Conference (5-5-2) 17 points DOWN
10) Colorado Rapids, Western Conference (4-3-7) 19 points DOWN
11) New York Red Bulls, Eastern Conference (4-2-7) 19 points UP
12) Columbus Crew, Eastern Conference (3-3-6) 15 points DOWN
13) Houston Dynamo, Eastern Conference (3-5-6) 15 points
14) New England Revolution, Eastern Conference (3-6-4) 13 points UP
15) Chicago Fire, Eastern Conference (1-4-7) 10 points UP
16) Toronto FC, Eastern Conference (2-5-7) 13 points DOWN
17) Vancouver Whitecaps, Western Conference (1-6-7) 10 points
18) Sporting Kansas City, Eastern Conference (1-6-3) 6 points